Friday, February 13, 2009

U-BLOG 3

Assignment 5.4: I've always considered myself to a hands on kind of person. I like being able to sit down with some software or a gadget and tinker with it until I figure out how it works. I usually avoid using instruction because I enjoy solving problems even if it means I have to slam my head into the wall repeatedly just to figure it out. Just recently I built myself a new computer with the goal of loading vista on it to try out. Since I've loaded it I think I've gotten the full vista experience "none stop crashes when playing game", But I've enjoyed seaching for solutions and trying them out, the one soltuion that I've come across the most is to just reinstall Xp and forget vista but I might go the 64bit route to take advantage of the 4gig of memory I'm running.

Back on topic for assignment 5.4 we were to take a couple of questionairs to help decided what type of learners we are. Right off the bat I knew I would be a hands on learner, but after completing both questionairs and looking at the results surprised me. Come to find out Im a balanced learner, which surprised me at first but looking back on past experiences it become more clear. I've taken distance learning classes, hands on classes, and this one which can be completely taught online and each one I've never really struggled to learn. I think having this knowledge gives me an advantage, now I know I can excell in any learning environment wether it be hands on, visual, or audio or completely online.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up on Vista just yet. It's not as bad as everyone says. Have you tried Win7 yet? It's Vista, but supposedly with a lighter system resource load.

    Hands on is definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a handson learner too. Sitting inside of a classroom and listening to a teacher lecture for almost an hour is not good for me. After class is done I have no clue what they were even talking about even when I am listening. Handson is the better way to approach learning in a classroom. On the other subject of your blog. Vista does need to be worked on more. They should have never put it out there until all of the bugs were taken care of.

    ReplyDelete