Friday, February 6, 2009

U-Blog2

Loman Home: I've been putting alot of thought into this workshop with the kind old folks and its brought up some questions. I fully support the idea of training people on the use of computers but when it comes to old people and computers and sometimes technology in general they don't mix to well, And in my personal experience thats always been the case. Now im not saying that all old people cant use technology well, maybe I grew with a bad batch of old folks to deal with. I used to try to teach my great grandmother how to use my computer and everytime I would show her something new whether it be the internet or simple email, it would never stick, I'm beginning to think that she played long just to humor me. I also think before we jump into this project we should assess the current skills of Loman Home's residents before we even begin to teach them, because that would give us a base line to work with and then we can build from there. Overall I think the project is good and I think the end result that we all hope to see are people of Loman Home using computers to send emails to comunicate with family and become fimilar with simple microsoft applications and use the internet well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Brandon especially from my experience working in the IT Department at USCL and working with some older people but I also think that teaching them how to use computers is a good idea. Even though it might not stick with them we can come up with some way to make them remember better.

    ReplyDelete